I have decided to make an action movie for My Final Major Project called, No Place For A Hero. The film is based on two brothers who lead very different lives. One is in a life of drugs the other leads a normal life, but when one of the brothers is killed by his own gang and the older brother finds himself framed for the murder of his brother but is released from jail to soon later and seeks revenge for his brothers death. The film will have a non-linear story as throughout the film flashbacks of their past to show they're connection before his murder.
I believe this film has the potential to be successful because it can appeal to a large audience, and recently their hasn't been many films involving revenge story with some strong drama involved. The cast is a young cast this will appeal to a young audience mostly male but the film can be sold to a female audience by focusing them on the drama side of the story. I also believe the nature of the film will appeal to an older audience because its not scripted solely for a young audience. The story is similar to a film called Faster which although is an older cast has some similarities to appeal to this older audience.
I believe it will have a BBFC rating of 12A but my main focus will be 15+ due to some violent scenes. I believe a 12A is a good rating to achieve as it means more people can see the film but I don't think this will make less people want to see it. There a some violent scenes and few swearing which is why I believe 12A is a rating it will achieve.
Filming will take around 2 weeks to do, most of the action sequences are fist fights and so this should not delay filming. Being done in 2 weeks allows me plenty of time to look at my footage and go back and re film if needed. Editing will be done as it is filmed and so this will be completely within a week after filming at most 2 weeks. With this I will also publish a behind the scenes documentary to go along with the film to show how some key scenes where filmed and other interesting facts surrounding the movie.
No comments:
Post a Comment